BOSTON ? Year after year, gift-givers are faced with the same dilemma: What to get mom? From flowers to macaroni necklaces, she always loves a gift that comes from you on Mother?s Day. This year, Oxfam America Unwrapped provides a unique way to give the perfect gift and make a difference for communities in need.
Oxfam America Unwrapped offers more than 50 symbolic gifts?including fuzzy baby chicks, fair trade honey, and a beaded jewelry. The purchase of each gift represents a donation to those who need it most?people living in poverty throughout the world.
?On Mother?s Day, we all struggle to find that perfect gift,? said Stephanie Kurzina, vice president of fundraising for Oxfam America. ?For all of the generosity the mother in your life has shown, here are some great gifts that will provide fundamental necessities to poor families and support long term solutions in the developing world.?
The proceeds from Oxfam America Unwrapped support Oxfam?s programs in more than 120 countries. All gift contributions are general donations to Oxfam America that are fully tax deductible. Gift recipients will receive a personalized card with a photo?the card goes to a special mother in your life; the gift goes to those who need it most.
Great Mother?s Day gift ideas from Oxfam America Unwrapped include:
- Beaded jewelry ($18): Making handcrafted beadwork allows HIV-affected women in Africa to support their families. By producing jewelry, handbags, and other accessories from beads, these women have a chance to create their own sparkling opportunities, as well as hope for a future.
- Fair trade honey ($18): Your gift will help small-scale, rural farmers sell their Fair Trade honey. With your support, these farmers will learn how to make a decent living from the products they produce?honey, as well as coffee, grains, and cheese.
- Baby chicks ($40): Your gift provides HIV/AIDS-affected households with a starter flock: a dozen chicks to produce eggs, generate income, and improve nutrition.
- Sheep ($45): Raising these fleecy critters allows women to create their own income. What's more, the sheep's wool is used to make local textiles.
- Plant a garden ($150): This gift helps families earn a living by planting fruits and vegetables they can sell in local markets, and puts food on their tables. Plant a garden and plant the seeds for a better future.
Visit www.oxfamamericaunwrapped.com to view all of the items available in the catalog.