Ten Years Without A Raise
A simple increase in the federal minimum wage would benefit millions of American workers.
Today, millions of Americans do arduous work in jobs that pay too little and offer few benefits. They serve food, clean offices, care for the young and elderly, stock shelves, and deliver pizza. They work these jobs year after year while caring for children and parents, trying to save for college, and paying their bills. Yet despite their best efforts, these low-wage workers are falling further and further behind.
The proposed Raise the Wage Act of 2019 would raise the wage to $15 by 2024. This modest, long-overdue increase would benefit nearly 40 million workers, lift millions out of poverty, strengthen our economy, and save taxpayers billions of dollars.
Explore our interactive map to see which states have the highest concentrations of low-wage workers.
- Download Ten Years Without a Raise: Full Report
- Download Raise the Wage Fact Sheet: How African Americans would benefit
- Download Raise the Wage Fact Sheet: How women would benefit
- Download Raise the Wage Fact Sheet: How Latinos would benefit
- Download Raise the Wage Fact Sheet: How women of color would benefit