Extreme Inequality is Exploding. Now is the time to act.
Shocking news: Just 8 people now have the same wealth as the poorest 3.6 billion people. Far from trickling down, income and wealth are instead being sucked upwards at an alarming rate.
We need a political system that is accountable to all of us, not just special interests and the wealthy. It’s time to demand a change.
Tell Congress and President-elect Trump: It’s time to enact REAL CHANGE and fix a global economic system that lets the richer get richer while the poor are left behind. We call on you to do everything in your power to address US and global poverty and:
1. Stop offshore tax dodging which costs the US and developing countries more than $100 billion each year.
2. Ensure that working families everywhere can make a living wage.
3. Fight discrimination of all kinds and ensure equal pay for equal work.
4. Support social safety nets for everyone, everywhere.
5. Ensure every person has access to affordable, high quality healthcare and education.