- Saving lives: Oxfam partners take center stage
- Oxfam invests in the strengths of local communities and partners. When rainfall from a tropical depression triggered a massive emergency in El Salvador, our approach was put to the test.
- Yellow alert: Taking action to prevent disasters
- Months of community education and preparation saved lives when floods struck El Salvador.
- How to fundraise for Oxfam: Frequently asked questions
- Community-driven efforts like yours provide essential support for fighting poverty and responding to disasters worldwide. Check out these questions and answers to help you get started.
- How to host a house party
- A house party is a fun way to take action with friends and family. This guide includes everything you'll need to plan a successful event.
- How to make a difference on campus
- Students, are you ready to take action? Find tips for starting and running an Oxfam Club at your high school or university, ideas for campus events, and much more.
- How to get started: A menu of ideas
- Want to do something to fight poverty and hunger, but don't know where to start? Explore this list of time-tested action ideas for individuals and groups.
Oxfam, together with five local organizations and the World Food Programme, helped communities recover while they prepare.
When a major storm strikes El Salvador, preparedness and local partnerships make all the difference.
Oxfam joins with partners and communities to save lives.
With their crops washed away along with their fertile soil, villagers in El Sauce face a long recovery.
"People had to go up on the roofs, or they hung from the walls of houses that have broken glass. There were so many injured people." This is the testimony of Emerita Rivas in Verapaz, El Salvador.
Oxfam and our local partners began helping communities prepare long before devastating floods and landslides.
Thorough planning helps everyone reach safety in emergencies, even in the poorest communities.