Maximize the impact of your gift through matched and/or payroll giving.
One of the easiest ways to increase your gift to Oxfam America is through your employer's matching gift program. Thousands of companies, including corporations, foundations, not-for-profit organizations, and associations, match their employees' charitable contributions—sometimes for as much as double the amount of the initial gift.
Companies have various methods for matching gift request submissions: online forms, automated phone systems, or a paper form that you submit to Oxfam America. Many companies will match personal gifts, such as cash, stocks, marketable securities, and the value of your volunteer time. Companies may also match gifts from employee spouses, retirees, and board members.
Here's how to participate
Use this helpful tool to search for your employer. If your employer is in the database, follow their instructions for making a matching gift.
- If your company does not currently match employee donations, you might suggest it consider doing so.
- Obtain a matching gift form from your human resources office and review the program guidelines to ensure that Oxfam America is eligible to receive matching gifts. Conditions and criteria for gift matching vary by employer.
- Complete the donor section of the form and submit it, along with your check or credit card authorization, to:
- Oxfam America
- Attention: Donor Services
- 226 Causeway Street, 5th Floor
- Boston, MA 02114-2206
Or fax to: (617) 371-2746
- Oxfam America's EIN/Tax ID Number: 23-7069110
- IRS 501(c)(3) letter
Our Donor Services team will verify receipt and return the form to your company for matching funds.
Through payroll giving, employees can donate tax-free to Oxfam via their paychecks. If your company does not currently offer payroll giving, you might suggest it consider doing so.
For information about matching gifts, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (617) 728-2461.