Oxfam introduces Cook Out Loud, a collection of recipes inspired by artists performing at the Music Tastes Good festival.
Music Tastes Good is a two-day celebration of food, music, and art that takes place in Long Beach, California from September 30 to October 1 and features major acts like Ween and Sleater-Kinney. We are proud to be involved with the festival as a nonprofit partner.
This recipe collection highlights what happens when the creative artists bake social good into their mission. Whet your appetite for the festival and join the global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
- Hugh Acheson’s "Archie, Marry Me" Slow Cooker Catfish Stew, inspired by Alvvays
- Company of Khanh’s “Real Thing” Banana Bread Pudding, inspired by tUnE-yArDs
- Melissa Martin’s Mosquito Supper Club’s “Bottom of the Bucket” Crab Claws, inspired by the Hot 8 Brass Band
- Luis Navarro’s “We Belong Together” Mole, inspired by Los Lobos
- Alejandra Schrader’s "Soy Yo" Latin Style-Ratatouille, inspired by Bomba Estéreo
- Thug Kitchen’s "Atop A Cake" Tres Coconut Leches Cake, inspired by Alvvays
- Emily Torgrimson’s “Longer Than You’ve Been Alive” Wild Rice Salad, inspired by the Old 97’s
To sample the recipes, sign up below.