What will my Oxfam Club do?
During the academic year, Oxfam Clubs commit to:
- Work on a current Oxfam campaign.
- Host 2-3 events per semester. Oxfam events include: tabling, teach-ins, club meetings, class presentations, panels, movie screenings, lobbying, Oxfam America Hunger Banquets, newspaper articles, concert outreach, and any similar educational, awareness, or fundraising event.
- Tell us about your events each month via our online Google form.
Collect and share updated member contact information with Oxfam. Sharing this information ensures that all club members receive the latest news about Oxfam campaigns, events, opportunities, and more!
What support does Oxfam provide?
Oxfam will provide clubs with:
- Regular communications with Oxfam America staff who serve as a resource to students.
- Connections to other Oxfam Clubs and local groups.
- Free materials! "Oxfam swag" includes buttons, stickers, bookmarks, temporary tattoos, bandanas, factsheets, magazines, and brochures.
- Action guides and toolkits, sample constitution, customized club logo, and club letter of support.
How do I run an Oxfam Club?
Oxfam Clubs are expected to:
- Be positive representatives for Oxfam in all of your activities and programs and be on message when sharing information about Oxfam's work. You can always contact email@example.com if you are unsure about something.
- Submit collected petition signatures and funds raised to Oxfam America.
- Utilize available Oxfam resources and materials, provide background information, and give guidance and direction to officers and club members.
- Take initiative in developing teamwork and cooperation among officers and members.
- Plan ahead and allow adequate lead team when materials from Oxfam and/or services at your university are needed.
- Stay abreast of university policies and procedures that impact your club.
- Ensure continuity from year to year by training new leadership and keeping good records of all organizational activities.
- Have fun!
Join our community
Sign up to learn how you can help people help themselves in the fight against poverty, hunger, and injustice to stay connected about our work.