LOS ANGELES — International relief and development agency Oxfam America is proud to announce it is working with eBay to launch a fundraising auction initiative, which will benefit Oxfam’s poverty relief and advocacy efforts around the world. The program consists of four consecutive charity auctions beginning on February 20, 2008, featuring unique "experiences" with Oxfam Ambassadors including Scarlett Johansson, Colin Firth, Kristin Davis and Academy Award nominee Djimon Hounsou. Each item listing will run for 10 days and will be featured at www.ebay.com/oxfam.
Oxfam Ambassador "Experiences" for Auction
Actor Colin Firth has worked with Oxfam for over five years and in 2006 was nominated for European Campaigner of the Year. Firth has traveled to Ethiopia and co-founded the fair-trade coffee chain Café Progreso with Oxfam. Firth kicks off this charity auction series with a "Mamma Mia!" experience:
- Two VIP tickets to the World Premiere of "Mamma Mia!" and after party in London this July.
- Chauffeured car service to the premiere
- A meet and greet with Colin Firth at the premiere
- Additionally, Firth is placing up for bid a personalized birthday video greeting which he will tape for the winning bidder.
"Mamma Mia!" is the film adaptation of the hit musical and in addition to Firth, stars actors Meryl Streep and Pierce Brosnan.
Firth said about "Mamma Mia!", "If you are the kind of person that always wanted to see middle aged men in tight spandex trying to sing, then this is the film for you..."
Actor Kristin Davis has worked with Oxfam for two years and has traveled to South Africa and Mozambique as an Ambassador. Davis is placing a "Sex and the City" experience up for bid:
- Two tickets to the "Sex and the City" movie premiere in New York this June
- A photo opportunity with Kristin Davis at the premiere
- Hair and make-up services for the premiere by Privé Salon
- Chauffeured car service to the premiere provided by Audi
- Your very own pair of Jimmy Choo shoes to wear at the event
"Sex and the City" is the film adaptation to the Emmy-winning series. In addition to Davis, the film stars Sarah Jessica Parker, Cynthia Nixon and Kim Catrall.
Other Oxfam Ambassador experiences include:
- Two tickets to be Scarlett Johansson's guest at the June premiere of "He's Just Not That into You" starring Johansson, Drew Barrymore, Jennifer Aniston, Justin Long and Ben Affleck
- Hair and make-up services by Privé Salon and chauffeured car service provided by Audi to the premiere event with Johansson
- Other charity auction items have been donated by Academy award nominee Djimon Hounsou, Academy award winner Helen Mirren and Felicity Huffman
The charity auctions are featured at www.ebay.com/oxfam through April 1, 2008 and are listed through the eBay Giving Works program. One hundred percent of the proceeds will benefit Oxfam America. For more information on each individual Oxfam Ambassador auction, please visit www.ShopVictoriously.com.
The auction is being managed on eBay by Auction Cause, a premier online auction management agency specializing in high-profile design, strategy, and cause marketing for corporations and nonprofits worldwide. For more information, please visit AuctionCause.com.