LOS ANGELES-International relief and development agency Oxfam America teams up with eBay once again to benefit Oxfam’s poverty relief and advocacy efforts around the world. The program consists of three consecutive charity auctions beginning on September 17, 2009, and features unique “experiences” with Oxfam Ambassadors including Scarlett Johansson, Colin Firth, and Chef Giada De Laurentiis. Each item listed will run for 7 days and will be featured at www.ebay.com/oxfam.
Oxfam Ambassador “Experiences” for Auction
Actor Scarlett Johansson is offering an “Iron Man 2” experience that includes:
- Two tickets to the “Iron Man 2” Movie Premiere in Los Angeles in May 2010
- A photo opportunity with Scarlett Johansson at the premiere
- Hair and make-up/Grooming services for the premiere by Christophe Beverly Hills
- Other items include: signed LP’s from her album and her director’s chair from the set of “He’s Just Not That Into You.”
Actor Colin Firth’s charity auction featuring Walt Disney’s “ A Christmas Carol” experience includes:
- Two VIP tickets to the World Premiere of “A Christmas Carol” and after party in London this November.
- A meet and greet with Colin Firth at the Premiere
- Additionally, Firth is placing up for bid personalized DVD’s packages that include, “Bridget Jones Diary”, “Love Actually”, and “Pride and Prejudice.”
And wrapping up the auction series is bestselling author and Chef Giada De Laurentiis offering the chance to visit the set of her show, Food Network’s “Giada at Home” which includes a tour of the set and lunch for four.
The charity auctions are featured at www.ebay.com/oxfam through October 8 and are listed through the eBay Giving Works program. One hundred percent of the proceeds will benefit Oxfam America. For more information on each individual Oxfam Ambassador charity auction, please visit www.ebay.com/oxfam.
The fundraising auction is being managed on eBay by Auction Cause, a premier online auction management agency specializing in high-profile design, strategy, and cause marketing for corporations and nonprofits worldwide. For more information, please visit http://www.auctioncause.com.