As the UN General Assembly kicks off again this year, Oxfam’s experts and partners are available to speak to their work focused on the People’s Vaccine for COVID-19, the climate crisis - including climate finance, and a number of pressing humanitarian crises.
On climate, Oxfam will be releasing important new climate finance figures at the beginning of Climate Week, that will pull in examples from Bolivia, Uganda, and Bangladesh. Oxfam is participating in Climate Week, partnering with youth organizations and others calling for urgent action and generous pledges leading into the COP in November.
Oxfam is supporting the People’s Vaccine Week of Action demanding leaders to end the vaccine monopolies of pharmaceutical corporations such as Pfizer and Moderna on life-saving vaccines and instead make the COVID-19 vaccine accessible to all, everywhere, free of charge. Oxfam will be following President Biden’s COVID-19 Summit.
Oxfam and partner organizations will be following High Level and side events on humanitarian crises. Oxfam and partners will be issuing a press release and materials tied to the High-Level Event on Yemen.
Oxfam will be issuing reactions to select Heads of State speeches.
- Gabriela Bucher, Oxfam International Executive Director: Climate Crisis, Inequality
- Abby Maxman, Oxfam America President & CEO: Climate Crisis, Inequality, Humanitarian issues including the global hunger crisis, Yemen, Horn of Africa, more
- Ed Pomfret, Acting Head of New York Office; Deputy Advocacy, Campaigns & Engagement Director: Climate Crisis, Inequality, Gender Justice, Humanitarian system
- Nafkote Dabi, Climate Change Advocacy Lead: Climate Crisis
- Jan Kowalzig, Senior Policy Adviser, Climate Change: Climate Finance for Adaptation
- Max Lawson, Inequality Policy & Advocacy Lead: Chair of People’s Vaccine Alliance, Global Inequality
- Anna Marriott, Senior Policy Adviser: People’s Vaccine
- Mathew Truscott, Head of Humanitarian Policy and Advocacy: Humanitarian and Hunger crises, humanitarian system
- Abdulwasea Mohammed, Oxfam in Yemen Policy and Advocacy Lead
- Ali Al Jundi, Policy Advisor & Diaspora Engagement: Yemen, Myanmar
- Daryl Grisgraber, Humanitarian Policy Lead: Syria, Humanitarian system
- Dr. Bilqis AbuOsba, Head of Awam Foundation for Development and Culture
Gender Justice & Women, Peace & Security:
- Amina Hersi, Head of Gender, Rights & Justice Advocacy and Campaigns
Just as much of UNGA this year is virtual, Oxfam’s experts will be largely participating remotely. To arrange any interviews, please contact:
For UNGA76 updates, please follow @Oxfam