Join us for this dialogue – live in Washington, DC and online – to imagine a new future for our economy. We’re living in a moment of extreme wealth inequality. Debate about what should follow a half-century of neoliberalism has begun. How do we shape an economy that truly delivers on people’s human rights, in the US and around the world? What ideas can transform the US economy, and international economic rules? And how?
Monday March 20, 2023
Reception to follow until 7.30 pm
- Top of The Hill, Washington, DC (virtual option available)
- Featured speakers include:
- Winnie Byanyima, Executive Director of UNAIDS and an Under-Secretary-General of the United Nations, and a grass-roots activist, human rights advocate, and world-recognized expert on women’s rights.
- Professor Darrick Hamilton, University professor, the Henry Cohen Professor of Economics and Urban Policy, and the founding director of the Institute on Race, Power and Political Economy at The New School.
- Abby Maxman, President and CEO, Oxfam America
- Moderated by Ishaan Tharoor, Columnist on the foreign desk of The Washington Post, where he authors the Today's WorldView newsletter and column.
Join us in-person or watch our livestream here, Twitter, or Facebook.